Friday, July 27, 2012

A lovenest is the making?

It was when making this piece of handy equipement that I cut my finger. Still scared of doing some serious carving in oak, and my finger, I decided to change material and use a thick kind of matchstick instead. It's a very handy thing to have in your house, since you can hang your wet socks above the fire. Then they will be nice and cosy when putting them on again.

Margit wanted you to meet Mats, her sweetheart. She says that he might not be a looker but he has some spiffing cows and is very very kind to her. He is dressed in the male folk costume. Special for his clothes is that they are made from the same cloth that the real ones are made of.

You might remember how the window looked in this room. It was so wrong, and yesterday I could not sleep thinking about how odd and horrible it looked. So I came up with the idea that I could make one myself. The picture is of course of the worse quality but it shows that the old window has been knocked out and something smaller has replaced it. The glass is painted but the paint is supposed to be lead. Well, this improvement might help me sleep tonight. And I have no idea why Mats is on the floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment