Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Possible plaster panic?

I feel like I have been cutting 300000 coffee stirrers, a work that would not have been possible without my new xacto saw :) But I needed a break from the floor so I started work on the ceiling. Thoose plaster ornaments that can be bought in miniature shops can be expensive. But also, I dont want to order any since I want it done NOW and not wait for weeks until my order arrives. So instead of using some fancy plaster I took four wooden decorations I picked of an old project before I sold it... But it needed something more than a total of five pieces glued to the ceiling. Plaster! Lovely thick plaster thats easy to apply and just heaven to work with! But no.

Yesterday I went to the store and bought a filler of a brand I have never used before. Right now I want to jump in a time machine and tell myself to stop being so impulsive! After I took the picture, it started cracking. Sure, I wished for some of that effect. But not like this! The filler is also lumpy, and dripping. I hope that some paint can save it. If not, I have to take my broken knife, remove it and make my boyfriend send me some of the good old filler on the mail.

And, I just stained the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment