Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Plank away!

Work started today with cutting coffee stirrers with a scissor. And voilĂ !

Some green paint and I finally had my plank. Second picture is a blurry image of the finished result. The stairs down to the basement from the street were originally wooden, but I covered the steps with egg carton that was painted to resemble stone. I then continued the plank to cover up the empty space underneath. The edges though are a bit rough. When I find proper material I will make some bannister, don't want the servants and tradespeople falling down and breaking all kinds of limbs.

I like how the sun shines on the stairs on the third picture, so I wanted to share it.

I have to use my camera on my phone, since my digital camera distorts the colours...

No comments:

Post a Comment